Thursday, March 11, 2010

ice-water

Thunder, lightning, hail and rain today, temps in the upper 30s. After spending most of the day staring at a screen, I had to go outside and see what Lake Superior was up to. Even though it's only a few blocks, I could still feel the wind noticeably pick up the closer I got to the water. Ice is pushed up into the corner of the lake, and all you can see at the shoreline is mildly pulsing slush. A little further up the shore, ice chunks noisily clatter against each other, and further up the shore yet the open water is churning up seven foot waves and lots of smaller white caps. The spray on the rocks is building up into thick, opaque ice formations, and the gusts are at times almost strong enough that I can lean all my weight into the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment